Since 1999, the law firm Freire, Assis, Sakamoto and Violante (FASV Advogados) acts in the judicial assets (transactions and valuation involving precatórios, credit rights/receivables and private claims), tax, insolvency/distressed investment and strategic litigation areas.
In nearly 20 years, the firm has specialized in valuating and structuring transactions for domestic and foreign investors as well as in consulting services for companies with direct involvement of the its Partners in the execution of all projects. FASV Advogados stands out for the constant search for practical solutions to the client always searching the best business perspective.
The firm conduct is based on principles of respect, ethics, technical excellence, teamwork and constant training of lawyers and trainees within culture of the firm.
The firm has 40 members, 21 from the legal team, among which 5 partners. In addition, we have partnerships in the entire national territory and abroad.
PRECATÓRIOS | CREDIT RIGHTS | JUDICIAL ASSETS
Partners: Rafaela Oliveira de Assis, Amilcar Sakamoto and João Carlos Violante
The office analyzes and issues legal opinions on judicial credit rights (receivables), precatórios and other claims between private and public parties. In the last 10 years, with the increase of investors interested in the acquisition/financing of such assets, FASV Advogados has acted in the evaluation and negotiation of approximately:
• R$ 2 billion in face value of precatórios alimentares issued by the State of São Paulo and its controlled entities;
• R$ 3 billion in face value of precatórios ordinários issued by the State of São Paulo and its controlled entities;
• R$ 10 billion in face value of precatórios ordinários issued by the Federal Government and its controlled entities;
• More than R$ 30 billion in face value of judicial credit rights (receivables) against the Federal Government;
• More than R$ 10 billion in face value in lawsuits or arbitration discussions between private parties.
Among the main cases, we can quote and segregate the credit rights (receivables) by the following theses:
• IAA (Sugar and Alcohol Institute) – analysis of lawsuits, credits rights, legal and financial situation of dozens of Factorys;
• Expropriations – analysis of a considerable amount of direct and indirect expropriatory lawsuits proposed by the Federal Government and its controlled entities (mainly INCRA), and also by the State of São Paulo;
• Federal and State Precatórios – strong performance in the selection, analysis, qualification and assistance for the survey of federal and state precatórios to investors. Only in 2017, FASV Advogados was directly involved in the acquisition of approximately 200 precatórios, on the total face value of over R$ 300 million.
Partners: Gabriel Antonio Soares Freire Junior and Rafaela Oliveira de Assis
The tax area of FASV Advogados aims to ensure the best possible solution to any tax issues, either by the use of well-known theses or by individually created structures on a case-by-case basis.
We have structured and negotiated numerous of significant tax operations and are used to deal with a diversified array of tax-related legal needs, from consulting and planning to litigation on Judicial or Administrative courts.
Partners: Gabriel Antonio Soares Freire Junior and Alexandre Gereto de Mello Faro
The insolvency and distressed investments area of FASV Advogados stands out for the representation of companies in turnaround processes, as well the representation of investors in structured operations in this same market. In addition, we have experience in the performance of shareholders, bondholders and creditors.
With more than 10 years acting, the experience of the partners includes: relevant participation in several of the most relevant cases in Brasil, design and implementation of structured operations for investors, advisory of investment committees of investment funds that operate this market, presentation of legal solution an amount of fronts of the turnaround process of companies and performance in cross-border cases.
Partners: Rafaela Oliveira de Assis and Alexandre Gereto de Mello Faro
The strategic litigation team of FASV Advogados serves a wide range of lawsuits, always with the involvement of the its Partners in the execution of the work. We have strong experience related to disputes against the Federal Government, States and Municipalities, corporate and contractual conflicts, as well as in the context of the financial and capital market.